I wasnt able to save the frame that was in the fire… it was tweaked- and we set it up on the frame rack but the metal was really soft- and I decided to start with a fresh model a frame. I found the Roadster body on Ebay- and got it for two grand… minus the model a pickup I sold that was in the fire- I think I ended up having about 300 bucks in it out of pocket after I sold some stuff. Hurst helped me replace the slicks! I sent them new firestones and they capped them for free. Cody and his dad RULE- if you ever buy slicks buy them from Cody! I found a couple buick drums… a new Hemi to Lasalle adapter. I cleaned up the old hubs in the blast cabinet. I found a 59 impala wheel and a set of mags just like the old ET’s I had.
When I was in Texas working at the speed shop I bought some tires for it- the two I sent to Cody the other two are the front runners pictured above. I located front spindles… a rear 59 old axle… and the only axle that survived the fire was a deuce heavy axle I got from 8-track on the hamb. I tore the hemi down and lubed it up… actually all the engines that were in the shop were torn down thanks to Adam Brinker for helping me and storing them- The roadsters hemi is in the garage and I’ll tear into that soon. The plan is to Hot-tank the block and get it magnafluxed… Theres more… but I’ll leave that for another post.